SOUTHGATE GREEN ASSOCIATION
The Companies Act 1985 to 1989
Articles of Association
1. The name of the Association shall be Southgate Green Association. The official address of the Association shall be that of the Secretary.
2. Objectives: The objectives of the Association shall be to promote the continuity of community life within Southgate Green with all its residential, ecclesiastical, business and institutional interests and to take such action as may be necessary to achieve that aim. The association seeks to preserve, protect, develop and improve the historic and public interest areas in and around Southgate Green and to support features of social, physical or economic change which enhance community life. To provide opportunity for recreational and social events for the benefits of its members. To provide a forum for discussion of such matters relating to the above objectives.
3. Membership: Applications for membership to be made to the Membership Secretary. The Committee have the power to accept or reject applications without giving any reason. At all meetings/proceedings of the Association each member shall be entitled to one vote.
4. Membership Fee: The individual membership is to be £5.00 payable on joining and subsequently, on the 1st day of May each year-. If any member has not paid their renewal fee by the 1st day of July, he/she shall no longer be a member.
5. Management: The management of the Association shall be entrusted to a committee consisting of up to twelve trustees, who will elect their own officers. These trustees shall have voting powers on the committee. At the Annual General Meeting a member shall be elected to serve as Hon. Auditor and Newsletter editor. The Commitee shall have powers to co-opt individuals to attend and contribute to committee meetings.
6. Committee’s Powers: The Committee shall have the power to deal with the day to day running of the Association and to deal with all matters which may arise from time to time and are not covered by these rules. A meeting of trustees at which a quorum of four, including one officer, is present may exercise all the powers exercisable by the trustees. Any Committee decision shall be by a majority vote but in the event of a tie the Chairperson shall give a casting vote. The Committee shall also have the power to make new rules when they consider it necessary. Any new rule or interpretation of these rules made by the Committee shall be the subject of ratification at the next Annual General Meeting of the Association. The Rules of the Association can only be altered or added to at an Annual General Meeting or at an extraordinary meeting called for that purpose and be carried by at least two thirds of the members present and voting.
7. Annual General Meeting: The Annual General Meeting for the election of committee members and passing of accounts for the previous year shall be held during the month of April at a time and venue to be specified. A Special General Meeting may be called at fourteen days notice in writing upon written request from fifteen members and will only deal with the matter which is given in the request. The quorum at an AGM or Special General Meeting shall be twelve.
8. Funds: Funds and other property of the Association shall not be distributed amongst members but shall be applied towards the furtherance of its objectives. In the event of dissolution the funds shall be devoted to objectives similar to those of the Association.
9. Accounts: Accounts shall be kept bv the Treasurer who shall prepare a statement for presentation at the Annual General Meeting the statement shall bear the signature of both the Treasurer and the Hon. Auditor.
10. Financial Year: The financial year shall commence on the first day of January and end on the last day of December.
11. Liabilities: No trustee shall incur any financial liability in connection with the Association in excess of £10.